Multi-generational music-oriented Episcopal parish in Newton seeks dedicated childcare worker to lead nursery.
- Experience with caring for children infant to 4 years old.
- Respect for youth and children, as well as respect for all staff members and congregants
- A willingness to learn
- 18+ years old
- Lead nursery and work with an adult volunteer to engage with children and care for them during the church service
- Ensure child safety
- Ensure all spaces used are clean and tidy at the end of the day.
- Clean and sanitize surfaces in classroom weekly
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Be trained in Safe Church protocol
- Comply with parish and diocesan policy
- Report to Director of Christian Education
- Will walk up and down a flight of stairs (weekly)
- Will bend and kneel (weekly)
- May be asked to lift 30-50 lbs (on occasion)
Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- 9:20-11:30am each Sunday
- Sundays off should be requested 2-4 weeks in advance
The person in this position may be offered the opportunity to care for children at other times during the year for additional compensation.
Andrew Heintz, Director of Christian Education
Pronouns: he, him, his