St. Mary’s Seeks Part-Time Director of Christian Education
St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Newton Lower Falls is seeking a joyful, energetic, creative, and organized person to serve as Director of Christian Education. We are a historic parish with a growing youth program that utilizes the Godly Play curriculum for our elementary school students.
● Oversee, administer, and support Godly Play curriculum and activities, childcare, small youth group, and inter-generational programs.
● Work closely and meet regularly with parents, rector, and St. Mary’s staff.
● Teach Sunday School class weekly, including mentoring volunteer teachers and staff.
● Continue to grow Godly Play curriculum for our youngest members.
● Coordinate with Director of Music to support thriving children’s music program.
● Manage other paid childcare workers and volunteers.
● Organize, plan, and staff various parish and community activities (e.g. Christmas Pageant, Easter Egg hunt) involving parish children throughout the year.
● Manage Christian Education budget including preparing a brief annual report.
● Plan, develop, or purchase other curricula as needed.
Position is expected to be 10-15 hours a week, required Sunday mornings, flexible hours otherwise, generous time off in the summer. Salary $20,000 (negotiable).
● Christian (Episcopalian preferred)
● Bachelors degree required
● Passionate commitment to children and Christian formation
● Good organizational, administrative and classroom management skills
● Creative/Self Starter
● Team Player
● Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
● Some training in childhood development or elementary education, particularly ages 5 to 12 is preferred but not required.
Parish will pay for training where needed in Godly Play, Safe Church, and other matters.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to the Christian Education Committee, care of The Rev. Dr. Paul Kolbet at [email protected].